It is that time of the year again, time to celebrate Christmas!
Before you start decorating, there are some important safety tips to be aware of, to ensure your Christmas doesn’t end in disaster.
- Use indoor lights indoors and outdoor lights outdoors.
- Buy Australian-compliant Christmas lights (be wary of purchasing non-compliant lights over the internet from overseas).
- Check old Christmas lights before re-using them.
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Don’t alter or modify lights.
- Ensure all lights, extension leads and power boards are suitable for the intended use (e.g external or internal).
- Test your safety switch and smoke detector to make sure they are working.
- Keep Christmas lights out of reach of children.
- Always turn off decorative lighting before going to bed or leaving your house.